ADSM-L

Re: Exclude filesystem on Solaris

2003-01-21 09:53:10
Subject: Re: Exclude filesystem on Solaris
From: Mark Stapleton <stapleto AT BERBEE DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 21 Jan 2003 08:50:15 -0600
On Tue, 2003-01-21 at 08:33, Farren Minns wrote:
> How do I just exclude a file system on a Solaris client.
>
> I was to exclude the /mnt/stats file system, so I figure exclude.fs
> /mnt/stats but when I go to the backup/archive gui, I can see that it's
> still going to get backed up. What am I doing wrong?

Let's take this a step back.

What is your TSM server level? client level? What do the relevant
portions of your client option file say? How do you know the /mnt/stats
filesystem is being backed up?

We can't help you much if you don't supply enough information. Any
diagnosis based on what you've said so far will be nothing but WAGs.

Please review the monthly TSM faq on how to post sufficient information
to describe your problem.