ADSM-L

TSM/RMAN scripts for backing up Oracle DBs and deleting backups

2003-01-21 07:20:44
Subject: TSM/RMAN scripts for backing up Oracle DBs and deleting backups
From: TSM <tsm AT PROFI-AG DOT DE>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 21 Jan 2003 12:55:49 +0100
Hello  list,

We are organizing an Oracle 9i backup using RMAN and TDP 2.2.1. on W2K.
TSM server 5.1.5 is running on AIX. We want to make
     daily backups (30 versionen),
     weekly backups (4 Versions)
     monthly backups (12 versions).
using different management classes.
I am rather familiar with TSM but not with Oracle/RMAN.

   Are there scripts available for performing these (or similar) backups
   automatically?
and - what would be still more appreciated:
   Are there scripts available for deleting overaged backups?  (deleting
   backups from mgmt class X and older than y days)?

Thank you for your preposals and answers
and for your readyness to let me participate in your experience

Gernot

g.espelage AT profi-ag DOT de