ADSM-L

TSM Users Group- Follow up

2003-01-20 14:54:58
Subject: TSM Users Group- Follow up
From: Brian Lovett <brian.lovett AT PATHFINDERTECHSOLUTIONS DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 20 Jan 2003 14:38:38 -0500
TSM User Community:

Having hosted the TSM Users Group in New England for the last four years
and having worked in some of the largest most complex TSM environments
in the country has given us a tremendous amount of insight into the
realities of managing complex TSM environments from a variety of
perspectives.

Some of the recent challenges that you have told us about fall into the
following categories:

.         Lack of funding to make the appropriate needed changes and the
push for lowering operational costs.

.         General confusion regarding the changes to the Tivoli pricing
model

.         The need for insight to minimizing the complexity of
architecting and using TSM

We founded Pathfinder Technology Solutions to help our clients develop
strategies to address issues like these.  In order to stay on top of new
trends developing in the TSM community, we're looking for TSM users who
would be willing to be part of a survey regarding their environment.
Your input would be kept 100% confidential and would go towards
improving best practices and the future development of third party
products to enhance the functionality of TSM.

If you would like to participate, please contact me
brian.lovett AT pathfindertechsolutions DOT com

Brian Lovett
Vice President
Pathfinder Technology Solutions

office  860.283.1659