ADSM-L

Remove a particular backup

2003-01-20 08:37:25
Subject: Remove a particular backup
From: "Braich, Raminder" <raminder.braich AT DAVEY DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 20 Jan 2003 08:33:26 -0500
Hi,
   We have TSM server 4.1.2.0 and the client is 4.1.1. We were trying to
migrate a database server to a new server with different hardware. There
were some issues and some of the applications did not work correctly. So we
had to revert back to the old one. Now while the new server was running for
a brief period of time it started the NT level backup. The node names for
the new server and the old server are/were the same. Since this latest
backup is of the different hardware, we do not want this backup as we
reverted back to the old system. Is there a way to delete/purge just this
backup from the TSM server? The backup started at 6:00 am on 01/20/2002.

Thanks
Raminder Braich