ADSM-L

Need some help on sequence of "checkin libv ... search" commands

2003-01-16 16:29:20
Subject: Need some help on sequence of "checkin libv ... search" commands
From: "Kauffman, Tom" <KauffmanT AT NIBCO DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 16 Jan 2003 16:00:07 -0500
I'm having a senior moment here while trying to revise my TSM server
recovery D/R documentation (we just sprung for a REAL library in the D/R
contract!). (3584 SCSI library)

It's been a l-o-n-g time since I've done this, I need to get the doc revised
this week, and I won't get to test until April.

Two questions:

1)After I do the 'audit library <libname> checklabel=barcode' I need to do
two checkins; I seem to recall that the order is critical, and that I need
to do "checkin libv <libname> search=yes checklabel=barcode status=scratch"
first and then the "checkin libv <libname> search=yes checklabel=barcode
status=private" or I end up with no scratch tapes. But this is memory from
back in the ADSM 3.1 days . . .

2) When I do the database restore (dsmserv restore db dev=lto vol=<volser>
commit=yes) with a library, do I get a prompt to insert the tape in the I/O
station and reply, or do I get told to insert the tape in drive x within y
minutes?

TIA

Tom Kauffman
NIBCO, Inc