ADSM-L

Re: cancel process problem

2003-01-16 10:16:30
Subject: Re: cancel process problem
From: Henrik Wahlstedt <shwl AT STATOIL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 16 Jan 2003 15:07:47 +0100
Try to update access to offsite for the volume. It shouldn´t have READO if
it´s OFFSITE.

//Henrik

                    Joni Moyer

                    <joni.moyer@HIG        To:     ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU

                    HMARK.COM>             cc:     (bcc: Henrik Wahlstedt)

                    Sent by: "ADSM:        Subject:     Re: cancel process
problem
                    Dist Stor

                    Manager"

                    <ADSM-L AT VM DOT MARI

                    ST.EDU>

                    2003-01-16

                    14:23

                    Please respond

                    to "ADSM: Dist

                    Stor Manager"

Here is what it is trying to do with the tape:
693 Backup Storage Pool  Primary Pool TAPEDEC, Copy Pool DRCOPYDEC, Files
                               Backed Up: 0, Bytes Backed Up: 0, Unreadable

                               Files: 0, Unreadable Bytes: 0. Current
Physical
                               File (bytes): 12,909,748

                               Waiting for mount of output volume 473257
(20659
                               seconds).

This tape is not onsite.  It is actually an offsite tape that is empty.  I
have tried to cancel the backup of the storage pool and it will not let it
go...  I've tried everything I can think of.  Any suggestions?

Joni Moyer
Systems Programmer
joni.moyer AT highmark DOT com
(717)975-8338

                    Daniel Sparrman

                    <daniel.sparrman       To:     ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU

                    @EXIST.SE>             cc:

                    Sent by: "ADSM:        Subject:     Re: cancel process
problem
                    Dist Stor

                    Manager"

                    <[email protected]

                    T.EDU>

                    01/16/2003 08:16

                    AM

                    Please respond

                    to "ADSM: Dist

                    Stor Manager"

Hi

I haven't seen your script, but are you sure this is not an off-site
copypool volume, that the DRM process wants back to the library to convert
it to a scratch volume?

The volume has problably been reclaimed, and therefore, the script, that
probably runs somekind of DMR procedure, wants you to return the empty
tape to the library.

Best Regards

Daniel Sparrman
Daniel Sparrman
Exist i Stockholm AB
Propellervägen 6B
183 62 HÄGERNÄS
Växel: 08 - 754 98 00
Mobil: 070 - 399 27 51

Joni Moyer <joni.moyer AT HIGHMARK DOT COM>
2003-01-16 14:12