ADSM-L

Re: Problems with TSM AIX server V5.1.5.4

2003-01-16 11:05:41
Subject: Re: Problems with TSM AIX server V5.1.5.4
From: Dave Canan <ddcanan AT ATTGLOBAL DOT NET>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 16 Jan 2003 08:05:01 -0800
        I think these values may be too high but you should let AIX
support make this decision. I believe you should open a pmr with IBM AIX
support for this.

In the past, when customers have reported these errors, various things have
had to be done in order to change these values. First of all, it will
require TSM to be temporarily brought down. I would try the following
sequence if you wish to proceed - but I would call AIX support first.

        1.See if you can change the values after you unmount the
filesystem. If not, proceed to step 2.
        2.Do a varyoffvg command for the volume group containing the volume.
        3. You now should be able to change the queue depth and
max_coalsece values.
        4. Do a varyonvg for the volume group.
        5. do a mount -a to remount the filesystems.
        6. Retry the dsmfmt command.