ADSM-L

Re: Problems with TSM AIX server V5.1.5.4

2003-01-15 20:41:35
Subject: Re: Problems with TSM AIX server V5.1.5.4
From: Dave Canan <ddcanan AT ATTGLOBAL DOT NET>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 15 Jan 2003 17:41:04 -0800
Can you do the following and re-post with what you have set for the following?

smitty devices -> SSA disks -> SSA Logical Disks -> Change/Show
Characteristics of an SSA Logical Disk -> select hdiskxx (where xx is the
hdisk where you are defining the volume)

Look at the following fields:

        1. queue depth.      This should be set to (# of disks in array-1)*3

        2. max_coalesce   This should be set to (# of disks in array
-1)*65536, converted to hex.

You may have trouble setting these devices  - they may report "device is
busy" if you try and change them. If so, re-post and I'll suggest ways to
get around this. We had one customer report numerous errors like this and
after changing these values, the errors went away.