ADSM-L

Re: Linux86 FTP/TSM speed.

2003-01-15 15:51:10
Subject: Re: Linux86 FTP/TSM speed.
From: Dave Canan <ddcanan AT ATTGLOBAL DOT NET>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 15 Jan 2003 12:50:40 -0800
We have had several customers report this issue. Please check the level of
the bos.net.tcp.client for you AIX server. If the reported level for this
component is at 5.1.0.37, call the support center and apply the fix for
APAR IY36925. I have included the problem description for this APAR below:

* PROBLEM DESCRIPTION:
* Poor TCP/IP performance running applications that do large
* amounts of data transfers. Problems have been seen using
* Tivoli Storage Managers (TSM) and Veritas, but would not be
* restricted to these applications.