ADSM-L

Re: To Collate or Not to Collate? - UPDATE

2003-01-15 14:17:07
Subject: Re: To Collate or Not to Collate? - UPDATE
From: "Cook, Dwight E" <DWIGHT.E.COOK AT SAIC DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 15 Jan 2003 11:05:27 -0800
Allen makes a critical implied statement of YOU MUST TEST YOUR RECOVERY PLAN
!
If not and you have to use it and it doesn't go smooth...
Personally, I classify myself as probably being at the lowest place on the
earth... and even if something were to initially miss me, it would
undoubtedly/eventually settle on top of me! ! !
So... you request the test and state its requirement as to ensure
functionality.
If management says "no", make sure and put together a few things on what
~might~ go wrong like potentially 36 hours of nothing but tape mounts &
dismounts to restore just a single server (if like in Allen's case where 800
tapes were required)
Then make sure and save all the e-mails (print out and lock in a fireproof
safe) so you can mount a defense later ;-)

Dwight