ADSM-L

Re: Unable to restore entire directory structure

2003-01-15 13:59:22
Subject: Re: Unable to restore entire directory structure
From: "Cook, Dwight E" <DWIGHT.E.COOK AT SAIC DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 15 Jan 2003 10:50:19 -0800
Sure, probably on your new server those don't exist as "filesystems"
Only filesystems may be used in domains so the source server is treating
them as filesystems.
the "filesystem" is part of a key internally in tsm...
on your ~test~ box you probably only have /var as the filesystem...
use something like
        restore {/var/opt/oracle/lawtest/arch}/* -subdir=yes
to force it to look past the key using filesystem /var
this can also bite you if you do something like change subdirectories into
independent filesystems and go looking for backups from when they were just
subdirectories...

I believe I got the syntax right with the {}'s but you might want to double
check the manual...
mainly the {}'s are to force the classification of what tsm should think is
the filesystem name, so use them to outline the filesystem name as it is
thought to exist within tsm for the source client node... use "q file
<sourcenode>" from an admin command to double check what tsm things are the
proper names.

hope this helps...

Dwight E. Cook
Software Application Engineer III