ADSM-L

Re: 3494 and tapes question.

2003-01-15 13:47:35
Subject: Re: 3494 and tapes question.
From: Allen Barth <allen.barth AT DB DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 15 Jan 2003 12:45:28 -0600
Hello Farren.

As others have said, and I cannot agree more,  yes you can do this but it
gets ugly.....real quick!

Tape reclamation is the area which I find suffers the most, particularly
for copypool reclamation.   How much depends greatly on your mgmtclass
parms for version limits, expiration, and of course how quickly your data
changes.   In one case I found out that a dozen tapes had been ejected at
one of our other offices such that it was preventing offsite reclamation.
Checking those tapes back in allowed 60 offsite tapes to be reclaimed and
returned.  YMMV.

-Al

Farren Minns <fminns AT WILEY.CO DOT UK>
01/15/03 10:46 AM