ADSM-L

Re: How is the *.PST freed?

2003-01-15 10:08:40
Subject: Re: How is the *.PST freed?
From: Mark Stapleton <stapleto AT BERBEE DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 15 Jan 2003 09:07:48 -0600
On Tue, 2003-01-14 at 13:31, Rajesh Oak wrote:
> You have to close Outlook to backup the pst file. Outlook puts an
> exclusive lock on the pst when it is open and therefore cannot be
> backed up. I have the same problem.
> Solution to this problem.
> "If you need your personal folder to be backed up, make sure you
> close outlook when you go home." is the message that needs to go out
> to the clients.

Rajesh, if you'll read the original message (which you quoted), Matt
said that he tries to do backups *during the day*.

Matt, I'm afraid you're between a rock and hard place here. You might
try to get a message out to users to have them log out of Outlook during
the lunch hour. Create a client command schedule that runs at noon that
backs up *only* *.pst files. Kinda convoluted, but maybe worth a shot.

--
Mark