ADSM-L

TDP - Client Rename

2003-01-15 08:28:42
Subject: TDP - Client Rename
From: "Brian L. Nick" <BRIAN.NICK AT PHOENIXWM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 15 Jan 2003 08:15:00 -0500
Good morning,

 We are currently backing up our NT Lotus Domino environment using TDP and
our e-mail group wants to rename some of the Domino servers. So here are my
questions, can I simply rename the node as defined to TSM and if yes how
does TDP handle the transactional logs for Domino? The way the rename
process was presented to me was that the transaction log will be deleted
and recreated. I'm not a Domino expert but I have concerns regarding the
deletion of the existing transaction logs. We have a process in place for
renaming TSM clients but this is our first TDP for Domino client rename.
Just wondering if anyone has done this and any problems or gotchas that I
should be aware of.

 Any information that you can provide would be appreciated.

 Thanks,
    Brian

Brian L. Nick
Systems Technician - Storage Solutions
The Phoenix Companies Inc.
100 Bright Meadow Blvd
Enfield CT. 06082-1900

E-MAIL:  Brian.Nick AT phoenixwm DOT com
PHONE:   (860)403-2281