ADSM-L

Réf. : Database question

2003-01-14 16:54:32
Subject: Réf. : Database question
From: Guillaume Gilbert <guillaume.gilbert AT DESJARDINS DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 14 Jan 2003 16:53:40 -0500
If all your config files (dsmserv.opt dsmserv.dsk, devconfig and volhistory)
are the same and all database, log and stgpool files are the same, there should
be no
problem. You could even move those around and have the dsmserv.dsk reflect the
changes and it would be OK.   My SUN server just crashed big time over the
weekend and we
had to reinstall the OS. All I did was reinstall TSM and recreate the config
files. It started up without a hitch.

Guillaume Gilbert
CGI Canada

Jeff G Kloek <Jeff.Kloek AT IPAPER DOT COM>@VM.MARIST.EDU> on 2003-01-14
16:47:28

Veuillez répondre à "ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU>

Envoyé par :      "ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU>

Pour : ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
cc :
Objet :     Database question

Part of our upcoming move includes moving from TSM 4.2.1.9 on AIX 4.3.3 on
RS6000 S7A to TSM 5.1.5.4 on P670 on AIX 5.2.
I've set up an instance of TSM at that level on the P670. Now I'm trying to
fathom the best way to actually move the database
over. I'm going to be dropping all the disk and tape connections from the
S7A and connecting them to the P670. I'll have time
to get all the devices defined and paths defined, so that with the
exception of the path statements, the storage pools, libraries
tape drives, log directories, db directories and files will all be
configured the same as before. My question is this: If I did all the
above, could I simply do a "dsmserv upgradedb" and let it fly?
I'm sure this isn't supported, so I'm just wondering aloud.

Thanks!!