ADSM-L

Re: Problems with Windows Cluster.

2003-01-14 14:04:47
Subject: Re: Problems with Windows Cluster.
From: Lasse Tastesen <tsm AT TASTESEN DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 14 Jan 2003 20:02:01 +0100
Hi Jorge.

You are not mentioning the client and server level.

If your client is new enough try using the journal engine, it might be useful
if there is about 1000000 files on your client.

BR Lasse

Hello folks !!!

I have a problem with a Windows 2000 cluster. The TSM is taking a long time to
do the backup. it4s a long time processing the files locally (I look for
problems in CPU utilization, Processor utilization, and so on...). there is
lots of files locally (aproximately 1.000.000 files, it4s a file server).

the network traffic rate is ok (between 6 and 15 MB)...the Machine is a Intel
with 2 GB RAM, 180 GB HD, 4 GB virtual memory.

I have tried a script (or several scripts), describing the list of files...I
tried several schedules (with several scripts)...and the time so,
so..........long - aproximately 40 hours...I put in dsm.opt the
resourceutilization for 6 (trying open several sessions to backup go on...).

I don4t know anymore...

Please, anyone can help me ??

hugs

Jorge Martins
Service IT Solutions
www.service.com.br - RS/Brazil

Icon - Internet gratis, MP3, Vmdeo, radio, e-mail e informagco.
Pega ja o seu em www.ibest.com.br/icon/mail1.html. I gratis!