ADSM-L

label/checkin libvolume

2003-01-13 14:32:15
Subject: label/checkin libvolume
From: Peter Ford <PFord AT STENTOR DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 13 Jan 2003 11:31:39 -0800
Last Friday, we upgraded our 3584 tape library with an expansion frame.  After
the expansion was installed, I loaded 220 new LTO tapes and ran a "checkin
libvol ...".  TSM tried to use these volumes over the weekend and couldn't read
the labels (because they aren't labelled).  Well, I should have run a "label
libvol ...", and now all of the new tapes have their status set to "Private"
thanks to TSM.  I tried to run "label libvol ..." this morning when I
discovered the issue, but it didn't work due to the fact they are already in
the library.

My question is, how do I retroactively label these volumes?  Is there some
command that I could issue to update them all at one (ie: volrange=XXX,XXX)?

Thanks in advance!
Peter

    Peter Ford
    System Engineer