ADSM-L

Re: Whats wrong with this EXCLUDE ?

2003-01-13 12:48:25
Subject: Re: Whats wrong with this EXCLUDE ?
From: Andrew Raibeck <storman AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 13 Jan 2003 10:47:50 -0700
I am assuming you mean NT 4.0 versus 2000 (or higher).

The exclude works for me. Some things to check:

- Double-check your client options set and verify the syntax of the
statement.

- Double-check that this options set is specified for the node
ANR3.VCU.EDU.

- From the client machine run DSMC Q INCLEXCL. What does that show?

- Does putting the exclude directly in the dsm.opt file make any
difference?

The pagefile.sys file is not a "system object" per se, so this wouldn't
fall into a "system object" issue. Also, if this is NT 4.0, system objects
don't apply, anyway.

Regards,

Andy

Andy Raibeck
IBM Software Group
Internet e-mail: storman AT us.eyebm DOT com (change eye to i to reply)

The command line is your friend.

Zoltan Forray/AC/VCU <zforray AT VCU DOT EDU>
01/13/2003 09:48