ADSM-L

Re: faulty media

2003-01-10 12:47:47
Subject: Re: faulty media
From: Leif Gustafsson Giga Consulting AB <leif.gustafsson AT GIGA DOT SE>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2003 18:45:12 +0100
I had a problem with write and read errors on tapes, mostly when information
was copied between them.
I was working as a consultant for a customer, and I checked the server. It
was a Compaq-server running Win2000. It had only a Compaq SmartArray
Controller which handled the internal raided disks, the two external
SDLT-tape stations and the library controller. We bought an Adaptec 29160
for control of the library and the tape drives. That fixed everything. No
more tape read or write errors.

/Leif