ADSM-L

Re: help :define automated drive question

2003-01-09 08:54:01
Subject: Re: help :define automated drive question
From: Raghu S <raghu AT COSMOS.DCMDS.CO DOT IN>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 9 Jan 2003 19:26:36 +0530
Try with altered element numbers (....just to make sure.....)

for /dev/mt0 ........... 1201

     /dev/mt1  .........  1200

just give a try...not sure

Raghu.

>> Hi all#:
>
>>    Today I tried to configure a TSM server!#My lib is ADIC scalar 1000
and has two driver#(the elements are 1200#,1201#,I had already made the two
drives as TSM tape#,devices name are /dev/mt0!"/dev/mt1#)#,after I had
defined my autolib#,then I tried to define the drives#,everytime I used the
follow options:

>> library name :libname
>
>> drive name:drv1
>
>> device:/dev/mt0
>
>> element:1200
>
>> the output is:Invalid value for ELEMENT parameter.About five months
ago,I had done the same thing ,every thing is sucessful,what's the problem?