ADSM-L

TSM backup command line

2003-01-09 02:03:40
Subject: TSM backup command line
From: Bernard Rosenbloom <brosenbl AT OPTONLINE DOT NET>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 8 Jan 2003 16:06:54 -0500
We have an end-user that accesses the TSM backup client command line on
our TSM INTEL clients (4.2.1.30) and runs the dsmc i command to start
maual backups on servers that failed scheduled backups the previous
night. He is the System Administrator on the INTEL boxes so we can't
prevent him from acessing the TSM command line.
We don't want the want the incremental backup to run. Anybody have any
ideas on what TSM measures we can take prevent the backup from running
or kill the session ?

AIX(4.3.3) TSM (4.2.1.11) server
Thanks
Bernard