ADSM-L

Re: Question about Mac ba client

2003-01-08 04:12:13
Subject: Re: Question about Mac ba client
From: Remco Post <r.post AT SARA DOT NL>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 8 Jan 2003 10:08:57 +0100
On Tue, 7 Jan 2003 09:50:35 +0000
Farren Minns <fminns AT WILEY.CO DOT UK> wrote:

> Hi all you TSMers out there.
>
> I have been asked to backup a Mac OSX client and was wondering if any of
> you have had any experience of this. I have never had anything to do with
> Macs in the past and am not sure if there is anything different I should
> be looking out for (either in the configuring or day-to-day backing up of
> the client).

Use only the very latest patch-level of the Mac client, anything older is
buggy....
Configuration of the client and the scheduler client is as simple as it is
on windows, it is a bit different. Unfortunately, the client scheduler only
works when a user with admin rights is logged in on the system.

--
Met vriendelijke groeten,

Remco Post

SARA - Stichting Academisch Rekencentrum Amsterdam    http://www.sara.nl
High Performance Computing  Tel. +31 20 592 8008    Fax. +31 20 668 3167

"I really didn't foresee the Internet. But then, neither did the computer
industry. Not that that tells us very much of course - the computer industry
didn't even foresee that the century was going to end." -- Douglas Adams