ADSM-L

AW: Windows 2000 Terminal Server

2003-01-07 10:03:51
Subject: AW: Windows 2000 Terminal Server
From: "Rupp Thomas (Illwerke)" <thomas.rupp AT ILLWERKE DOT AT>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 7 Jan 2003 16:00:02 +0100
Hi Eric,

I couldn't find any info in the TSM docu - but the W2K TS licence database
seems to be a part of the SYSTEM STATE - according to Legato's networker
docu ;-)

"Terminal Services Licensing
Terminal Services provides access toWindows 2000 applications running on a
server host. TSL is the client license management service for Terminal
Services
Windows 2000 Server edition. TSL can be installed on a Windows 2000 host to
catalog and enforce license policy for Terminal Services clients.

Backing Up TSL Data
It is recommended that you back up your licensing data regularly, and
especially when you know that the TSL database has changed, such as when a
customer purchases a license or when the database has been moved from its
default installation location.
TSL is a component of the SYSTEM DB save set. To back up TSL, you must
back up the SYSTEM DB save set and the directory in which the license server
is installed. This ensures that data in both the registry and the license
server
database is saved.
To help protect your licensing data from accidental loss in case your
computer
has a hardware or storage failure, you should also back up the SYSTEM STATE
save set so that the registry is backed up. If the TSL database changes and
the
SYSTEM STATE is not backed up before the next SYSTEM STATE and SYSTEM
DB save set recovery, you must edit the Windows 2000 registry to reflect the
TSL changes that were never backed up (as part of the SYSTEM STATE).
It is also best to back up the SYSTEM FILES save set whenever you back up
the
other SYSTEM save sets."

Hope this helps

Kind regards and a happy new year