ADSM-L

Re: what steps to restore file from offsite copy pool volume

2003-01-06 23:23:01
Subject: Re: what steps to restore file from offsite copy pool volume
From: Raghu S <raghu AT COSMOS.DCMDS.CO DOT IN>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 7 Jan 2003 09:52:45 +0530
Hi

You can restore the file to client machine immediately even though file is
marked as damaged in primary storage pool provided correct copy of  file is
available in copystorage pool ( volume access should be readwrite or
readonly ).

Later on you can restore to primary storage pool with

>restore stg <primarystoragepool> copystgpool=<copystgpool>

This command will restore files marked as damaged and volumes marked as
destroyed.

hope this helps you

Regards

raghu.

                    Michelle
                    DeVault              To:     ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
                    <adsmigmo@YAH        cc:
                    OO.COM>              Subject:     Re: what steps to restore
file from
                    Sent by:             offsite copy pool volume
                    "ADSM: Dist
                    Stor Manager"
                    <ADSM-L AT VM DOT MA
                    RIST.EDU>

                    01/07/2003
                    02:24 AM
                    Please
                    respond to
                    "ADSM: Dist
                    Stor Manager"

Yes, I'm aware that I will have to do that to salvage
the volume - however for the short term, what steps do
I need to do to make this volume available in the
library so the user can restore the one file he is
interested in right now?