ADSM-L

TDP for Domino backup strategies.

2003-01-06 10:50:16
Subject: TDP for Domino backup strategies.
From: "Brian L. Nick" <BRIAN.NICK AT PHOENIXWM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 6 Jan 2003 10:39:50 -0500
Good morning everyone,

 We are running TSM 4.2.1.9 on OS/390 2.10 and have just begun backing up
our Domino servers using TDP. I would like to know how the rest of the list
is handling backup using TDP. At present we are backing up the Domino data
bases using the incremental every day but we are issuing the COMPACT -B
option to the Domino data bases only once a week (Saturdays). We are
archiving the transactional logs every hour. As you can see this causes us
some issues with the restore process for these servers.

 Could you please share your thoughts / practices with me as to how you are
addressing TDP for Domino backups?

 I really appreciate any information that you can provide to me regarding
this.

 Thanks,
    Brian

Brian L. Nick
Systems Technician - Storage Solutions
The Phoenix Companies Inc.
100 Bright Meadow Blvd
Enfield CT. 06082-1900

E-MAIL:  Brian.Nick AT phoenixwm DOT com
PHONE:   (860)403-2281