ADSM-L

Unmounting volumes...

2003-01-02 14:19:58
Subject: Unmounting volumes...
From: Peter Ford <PFord AT STENTOR DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 2 Jan 2003 11:17:54 -0800
I have two tapes that are mounted and "In Use" according to the q mount
command.  Both volumes were mounted by a reclamation process and both volumes
encountered I/O errors while reclaiming their data.  Once the I/O error
happened, the drives were made Unavailable by TSM and the reclamation process
moved on to the next tape.  This left the tape with the error in the drive and
still "In Use".  The reclamation process is no longer running, but these tapes
not going Idle.

My question is, how to I dismount these tapes (from within TSM) and set these
drives back online?  We are running TSM 4.2.2.13, on Windows 2K, with an IBM
3584 tape library.  The web interface for the 3584 tape library is currently
not accessible (due to another issue).

Thanks in advance.
Peter

    Peter Ford