ADSM-L

Re: Win2K Excludes

2002-12-31 13:16:51
Subject: Re: Win2K Excludes
From: "Robertson, G Louis (BearingPoint)" <glouisrobertson AT BEARINGPOINT DOT NET>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 31 Dec 2002 13:01:10 -0500
This is what I use for my W2K servers. We do not use Novell so I am not sure
what additional items you might have to add.  We also do a backup of the
systemstate using ntbackup as a presched job.  We have found that the
systemstate backup is more comprehensive that the system object backup on
W2K servers.

*========================================================================
* Include/Exclude list
*========================================================================

EXCLUDE "*:\WINNT\CSC\...\*"
EXCLUDE "*:\WINNT\REGISTRATION\*.CLB\...\*.CRMLOG"
EXCLUDE "*:\DOCUMENTS\...\INDEX.DAT"
EXCLUDE "*:\PAGEFILE.SYS"
EXCLUDE "*:\WINNT\SYSTEM32\DTCLOG\MSDTC.LOG"
EXCLUDE "*:\WINNT\NETLOGON.CHG"
*EXCLUDE "*:\HIBERFIL.SYS"
EXCLUDE "*:\WINNT\SCHEDLGU.TXT"
EXCLUDE "*:\WINNT\DEBUG\*.*"
Exclude "*:\...\ea data. sf"
* The following exclude parameter will prevent a registry backup unless
* the include *:\adsm.sys\...\* is also present.
Exclude "*:\...\system32\config\...\*"
Exclude.dir *:\...\ntfrs\jet
Exclude.dir *:\...\ntds
Exclude.dir "*:\System Volume Information"
Exclude.dir "*:\...\Temporary Internet Files"
Exclude.dir *:\Recycled
Exclude.dir *:\Recycler
Include *:\adsm.sys\...\*

Louis Robertson