ADSM-L

Invoking Backups From Command Line Via A Job Scheduler

2002-12-31 11:56:00
Subject: Invoking Backups From Command Line Via A Job Scheduler
From: "Steve, Taylor" <steve_taylor AT SYMPATICO DOT CA>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 31 Dec 2002 11:55:20 -0500
Good Day,

I wonder if someone could point me in the right direction.  There have been
some related emails flying around, but I am not clear completely on how to best
do the following.

We have implemented Tivoli Workload Scheduler (maestro) on AIX, and need to
invoke backups via the command line synchrounously in our automation job
streams.

I am hoping to write/rework a shell script that can be invoked from the client
with the following characteristics:

1) allows us to invoke a backup
2) wait synchrounously for for completion of the task or error.
3) return a exit code of zero to Job Scheduler if successful, or non-zero
return code if the backup did not complete.

Does anyone have any tips on how to do this, or better yet any sample
scripts....

I did some digging on the site, but could not find anything....

Any tips/suggestions/red flags would be appreciated..

Thanks,

Steve Taylor
Symcor Inc.