ADSM-L

Antwort: TSM Volumes

2002-12-30 09:27:39
Subject: Antwort: TSM Volumes
From: Markus Veit <markus.veit AT BAYERBBS DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 30 Dec 2002 15:27:34 +0100
Hi Hope
are there any error messages,
there should be because if you do a q vol xxxxx it returns somthing right?
Volume name, stgpool etc,
if thats the case you cannot update the volume to scratch because it still
contains data, do a q cont <volumename> count=100
I think the tape is propabbly not readable anymore, when TSM cant read the label
of a volume it changes state to unavailable so it is not mounted again.
If TSM cant read the label of a scratch tape it changes the state of the tape to
private so it's not used again.

Last try  del vol <volume_name> and check the actlog, if it says can't delete
volume xxx because it still contains data
do a move data on the volume, if that fails restore the volume from copypool, if
thats not available
delete vol <volume_name> discard=yes and hope none of the data on it was deleted
from the original source :-(

Best Regards

Markus Veit