ADSM-L

Re: TSM Policy Model

2002-12-24 10:39:13
Subject: Re: TSM Policy Model
From: "Remeta, Mark" <MRemeta AT SELIGMANDATA DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 24 Dec 2002 10:38:37 -0500
I would not recommend it either. I would recommend reading some TSM
documentation to get a better understanding of the way the product works.
Depending on how much data he backs up on a nightly basis this would make
his database grow quite fast. Not to mention the number of tapes he would go
through.
Having a tape full with 5% of data on it is not a bad thing, it just means
you need to reclaim that volume.