ADSM-L

Re: Error deleting volume

2002-12-24 08:25:39
Subject: Re: Error deleting volume
From: "Robert L. Rippy" <robert_rippy AT KINDREDHEALTHCARE DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 24 Dec 2002 07:35:57 -0500
Try updating the volume to READO and then run 'AUDIT VOLUME 'volume name'
FIX=Y' then try 'DELETE VOLUME 'volume name' DISCARDDATA=YES'
that might work for you.

Thanks,
Robert Rippy.

From: Mario Behring <mariobehring AT YAHOO DOT COM> on 12/22/2002 07:03 PM

To:   ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
cc:
Subject:  Error deleting volume

Hi list,

I have several volumes (tape) that I cannot manage to delete. The volumes
status are all set to DESTROYED and the physical tapes does not exist
anymore. The error message I get when I try to delete the volume (delete
vol <volume name> discarddata=YES wait=NO) is the following:

ANR0104E imarins.c(1503): Error deleting row from table
"Archive.Descriptions"

I had found some explanations at the Ask Tivoli website, but none could
solve my problem.

Thanks in advance.

Mario Behring
IT Consultant