ADSM-L

Re: BackupSet on CD?

2002-12-23 16:31:03
Subject: Re: BackupSet on CD?
From: Sias Dealy <hnre AT UREACH DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Sat, 21 Dec 2002 01:12:05 -0500
Jack,

On my Windows test box I have Easy CD Creator 5 with a built in
program called Direct CD. This program makes the CDR act like a
floppy drive.
In TSM, define the drive as a removable storage.
This is one way of putting the backupset on a CD.
I have not tried putting a backupset on a CD but I suspect that
it would work if you use Easy CD Creator 5. I have put a
database backup to a CD this way.

Sias

Get your own "800" number
Voicemail, fax, email, and a lot more