ADSM-L

Tape Drive Keep Comming Up as Generictape

2002-12-23 16:28:21
Subject: Tape Drive Keep Comming Up as Generictape
From: David Macisso <David_Macisso AT RCAB DOT ORG>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 23 Dec 2002 11:00:33 -0500
I have a new inttall of W2K running TSM Server 5.1.0
I have an Exabyte X200 library and 4 Momouth2 tape drive.

Each time I reboot  and login, I cancel the message to load the exabyte
drivers which only comes up twice.
The W2K Device manager only show two tape drives, drive3 and drive4, TSM
Device Driver Information show both drive as 8MM, which is good.

So I have W2K rescan for the additional drive, then a get promted twice to
load the drivers, which I cancel. But then drive1 and drive2  come up as
generictape in the TSM device information. How can I get TSM to recoginze
all four drives as 8MM

TIA