ADSM-L

UNSUBSCRIBE

2002-12-19 11:31:08
Subject: UNSUBSCRIBE
From: Jerome Roa <jroa AT UCHICAGO DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 19 Dec 2002 10:29:58 -0600
UNSAt 11:19 AM 12/19/02 -0500, you wrote:
The documentation for the incrbydate options states that it will "back
up new and changed files with a modification date later than the last
incremental backup stored at the server". This is somewhere between
ambiguous and incoherent. An incremental backup takes place over a time
interval, not at a specific moment. Does anyone know exactly what time
is compared to the file modification times?

The clocks on most if not all of our client systems are synchonized to
an NNTP server. The clock on our OS/390 TSM server is synchronized to
the operator's wristwatch. As a result, the mainframe clock is often
as much as several minutes out of synchronization with the client
clocks. How does this affect the behavior of the incrbydate option?

I am getting extremely tired of spending time dealing with amgiguities,
omissions, and outright errors in the TSM documentation.