ADSM-L

Re: Client tries to backup non-existing files

2002-12-19 10:51:57
Subject: Re: Client tries to backup non-existing files
From: Alexander Verkooyen <alexander AT SARA DOT NL>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 19 Dec 2002 16:51:14 +0100
Hi,

Imre Csatlos wrote:

> Is yout client backing up the whole file system or just specific files?
> Like 'dsmc inc "/bla/bla/my*files.txt`

They are making a backup of the whole file system like 'dsmc i /bla'

> Also you can try umount and fsck for those file system, but I suspect the
> problem is somewhere in the
> backup file specifications.

We are certainly going to ask them to do a fsck,
but I also suspect that the * in the file names is causing this.

> If all the other files are backed up apart from those "missing" files, then
> the backup is successfull afterall. :)

Yes, you're right. All the other files in the file system are
backed up so we do have a good backup of this file system.
We just want to get rid of those error messages.

Thanks for your reply.

Kind regards,

Alexander