ADSM-L

server access through different network card (ipadres)

2002-12-19 06:26:14
Subject: server access through different network card (ipadres)
From: Michelle Wiedeman <michelle.wiedeman AT MULTRIX DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 19 Dec 2002 12:25:28 +0100
hi all,

server adsm 3.1 on AIX 4.3.3 ML 10
client tsm4.1 on AIX 4.3.3 ML 10

This client has been having problems with its network. every night during
the backup the costumers cannot access their databases because the network
card cant handle the load.
Now The idea is to use a second networkcard solely for TSM. Now I cant find
anywhere how I can make TSM understand to access through the other
networkcard as its always accesses the client on clientname and not IP
adres.
And as far as ive seen tsm accesses through the primary IP adres.

does anyone know how to do this? and if its actually possible?
I must have it solved by tonight.

michelle