ADSM-L

Select statements syntax

2002-12-18 13:15:06
Subject: Select statements syntax
From: "Jolliff, Dale" <xjolliff AT TI DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 18 Dec 2002 12:12:43 -0600
I need to create a select statement that concatenates numeric fields as text
-- I need to create a single text field from the four numeric fields in the
NODES table into a single text field.

Once I get the fields CAST as CHAR type, how do I concatenate them?

I tried SUBSTR but it pukes on too many arguments.

This works:

select substr(cast(client_version as char(1)),1,1) from nodes

This doesn't:

select substr(cast(client_version as char(1)),cast(client_release as
char(1)),1,1) from nodes

String concatenation is a basic function, I know it's there, I just can't
remember the function name.