ADSM-L

audit volume finding damaged files

2002-12-18 12:14:37
Subject: audit volume finding damaged files
From: Michelle DeVault <adsmigmo AT YAHOO DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 18 Dec 2002 09:06:27 -0800
I had a tape set to read-only access Sunday due to
excessive read errors.  I started an audit volume
yesterday about 1:00pm.  It's still running as of
11:00 am, and has found about 30 damaged files so far.
 I'm not pleased that the audit volume is still
running almost 24 hours later, but that's not the
weird thing.

What seems to be weird is that each time it has found
and logged damaged files, it is :49 minutes after the
hour.  Not every hour, mind you.  What I mean is that
I have damaged file error messages in actlog at:

13:49:48
16:49:50
19:49:51
22:49:52