ADSM-L

Re: Non IBM Libarary for TSM

2002-12-18 09:37:41
Subject: Re: Non IBM Libarary for TSM
From: Lloyd Dieter <dieter AT SNRGY DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 18 Dec 2002 09:35:52 -0500
IBM OEM's an HP library that IBM calls the 3600, that will use either DLT
or LTO.  They start at 2 drives/20 slots, and go up to 6 drives/60 slots.

They are supported by TSM, but I have no personal experience with them.

Regards,

-Lloyd

On Wed, 18 Dec 2002 17:14:47 +0530
Raghu S <raghu AT COSMOS.DCMDS.CO DOT IN> wrote:

> Hi
>
> I work on TSM soluion design. Most of the time i see customer unhappy
> with the price of 3583 LTO.
> ( I stopped suggesting single drive libraries for TSM ). I found Magstar
> 3570 MP is a suitable one for medium sized corporates.I have no idea on
> Non IBM libraries.Can anybody suggest me Non IBM libraries and
> corresponding URLs ( Should work with TSM as efficient as IBM libraries
> and cheaper).
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> Regards
>
> Raghu.
>

>                     Richard Foster
>                     <Richard.Foster@        To:     ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT
> EDU
>                     HYDRO.COM>              cc:
>                     Sent by: "ADSM:         Subject:     Re: timeout
>                     value for processes Dist Stor
>                     Manager"
>                     <[email protected]
>                     T.EDU>
>

>                     12/18/2002 04:20
>                     PM
>                     Please respond
>                     to "ADSM: Dist
>                     Stor Manager"
>

> The Mountwait parameter only specifies how long the process will wait
> for a tape to be mounted after the process has been allocated the
> necessary drive(s).
>
> If I understand Henrik's question, there doesn't appear to be a
> parameter which governs how long a process will wait for the tape drives
> to become available.
>
> We just run a script which cancels all Reclaim processes, whether they
> are active, waiting for tape mounts or waiting for drives.
>
> Richard Foster
> Norsk Hydro
>
> ----------------------------
> mountwait parameter in devclass definition
>
> regds
> Raghu
>
> ----------------------------
> Hi all!
>
> Is there a server option or a another why to specify for how long a
> process will be active?
>
> Example, If all drives are busy I might not want reclamation to be
> pending for hours until two drive becomes available.
>
> Henrik.Wahlstedt

    Lloyd Dieter        -       Senior Technology Consultant
                     Registered Linux User 285528
   Synergy, Inc.   http://www.synergyinc.cc   ldieter AT snrgy DOT com
             Main:585-389-1260    fax:585-389-1267