ADSM-L

Expiring Data / Versioning

2002-12-18 05:22:54
Subject: Expiring Data / Versioning
From: Lawrie Scott - Persetel Q Vector <LawrieS AT COMPAREXAFRICA.CO DOT ZA>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 18 Dec 2002 12:21:35 +0200
Hi All

Thanx in advance, new to this and not sure I've set this up correctly.

I originally wanted to keep 7 versions and delete after 30 days any deleted
files.

I run TSM Server 5.1 and I'm trying to expire all my data down to only one
copy of the data. My versions were set to 7 and the rest as shown, I changed
it down to 3 and ran an inventory expire this made no changes. Have I setup
my copy group incorrectly. I wish to finally setup the copy group to have
seven days(not versions) backups and to only keep deleted files for a max of
30 days.

Copy Group Name STANDARD
Versions Data Exists 3
Versions Data Deleted 1
Retain Extra Versions 0
Retain Only Version 30
Copy Mode MODIFIED
Copy Serialization DYNAMIC
Copy Frequency 0

Kind Regards
LAWRIE SCOTT
For:
Persetel/Q Vector KZN
Company Registration Number: 1993/003683/07
Tel: +27 (0) 31 5609222
Fax: +27 (0) 31 5609495
Cell: +27 (0) 835568488
E-mail:  lawries AT comparexafrica.co DOT za

Notice: This message and any attachments are confidential and intended
solely for the addressee. If any have received this message in error, please
notify Lawrie Scott at Comparex Africa (Pty) Ltd immediately, telephone
number +27 (0) 31 5609222. Any unauthorised use, alteration or dissemination
is prohibited. Comparex Africa (Pty) Ltd accepts no liability whatsoever for
any loss whether it be direct, indirect or consequential, arising from
information made available and actions resulting there from.