ADSM-L

some trouble with System Restore on W2K

2002-12-18 03:42:49
Subject: some trouble with System Restore on W2K
From: Stefan Holzwarth <stefan.holzwarth AT ADAC DOT DE>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 18 Dec 2002 09:41:56 +0100
Yesterday I did some bare metal restore tests on W2k Server. Client 5.1.5.4
on Compaq Hardware

I had 2 problems:

During restore of systemobject i go a NT system message to insert the
original CD since System Files were replaced by unknown version. I didn't
find any hint in the documentation and canceled that request.

After restart nearly everything was working, only "Compaq Hardware
Management Interface Driver" had problems loading. With a lot of manual
interaction: deinstall all Compaq-software AND manuall uninstall a hiidden
driver under Systemdevices AND Reboot AND reinstall - i'v got it working.

Is there any idea how to better avoid that trouble?

Kind regards

Stefan Holzwarth

Stefan Holzwarth
ADAC e.V. (Informationsverarbeitung - Systemtechnik - Basisdienste)
Am Westpark 8, 81373 München, Tel.: (089) 7676-5212, Fax: (089) 76768924
mailto:stefan.holzwarth AT adac DOT de