ADSM-L

Re: [Very OT] Re: Can we cut out the "me, toos" (was Re: TSM Presentation)

2002-12-17 14:06:41
Subject: Re: [Very OT] Re: Can we cut out the "me, toos" (was Re: TSM Presentation)
From: Jurjen Oskam <jurjen AT QUADPRO.STUPENDOUS DOT ORG>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 17 Dec 2002 20:06:26 +0100
On Tue, Dec 17, 2002 at 12:38:31PM +0100, Remco Post wrote:

> So now the list is at fault when people choose to use e-mail clients that
> cannot behave. errr. Probably, people should start thinking about to who

This list adds a Reply-To: header pointing back to the list to each
message. That way, replies are sent back to the list when you intend to
send them to the author only. My mailer has a very handy
"ignore-list-reply-to" option; it ignores Reply-To: headers on messages
that were sent to a mailing list. :-)

ObADSM: A few days ago we had a DRM test (with the faulty 3583 tape
library, as you might remember). Besides the hardware problems, it all went
great. We learned that is is *really* beneficial to make at least one
copypool collocated. :-) However, one thing we encountered was that the AIX
4.3.3 ML10 TSM client coredumped with an assertion failure on exiting when
a restartable restore was initiated. The restore itself was not affected;
the client coredumped when exiting, after displaying the statistics about
the restore. When the restore failed (or was interrupted) for some reason,
the client coredumped on exiting. The client is version 4.2.2.7 running on
AIX 4.3.3 ML10, server version 4.2.2.13 also running on AIX 4.3.3 ML10.

--
Jurjen Oskam

PGP Key available at http://www.stupendous.org/