ADSM-L

extra diskpool or seperate network?

2002-12-16 09:17:07
Subject: extra diskpool or seperate network?
From: Michelle Wiedeman <michelle.wiedeman AT MULTRIX DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 16 Dec 2002 15:14:11 +0100
hi all,
to start with the details:
tsmserver=adsm3.1
os = aix4.3.3 ML 10
clients: 4 aix 4.3.3 servers with progress databases running. (aprox. backup
each night 300GB)

My problem:
the databases seem to fail a lot on diskpool space problems in backup, this
is due to the ever changing suroundings here. new costumers create new tsm
clients. The surroundings change so much and so often that its undoable to
keep track of the diskpool and tapepool size (when to enlarge etc.)
The costumer is now fed up with it and wants a solution for this problem,
now they are our biggest clients so this is important to us.

I came up with two solutions.
1. I create a seperate diskpool for these clients to write to.

2. I create a seperate network (SAN) to the tsmserver for these four
clients, with their own diskpoolspace.

3. I create a policy with the priority option on 1 or 2

Now my question to you is which of the above is best? and why?

thnx a lot

mi©helle