ADSM-L

Re: Question about Veritas Cluster and filespace name

2002-12-13 20:22:03
Subject: Re: Question about Veritas Cluster and filespace name
From: Jim Smith <smithjp AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 13 Dec 2002 17:00:53 -0800
All,

The TSM Backup-Archive client has support for MSCS (Windows), HACMP (AIX)
and NCS (NetWare) clustering solutions.  If you are using a clustering
solution on one of the Intel platforms other then these listed, you will
have these naming issues after a fail-over.

We are looking into something similiar to what Peter is suggesting, and
that is a way to logically manage a set of data on the TSM server which is
sent from different client nodes.  This would be beneficial for clustering
as well as have other applications.  We are also pursuing adding support
for some of these other clustering solutions.

It doesn't hurt to open requirements to Tivoli if you have a particular
cluster solution that you would like to see supported.

Thanks,
Jim Smith
TSM client development