ADSM-L

Re: 3494 libray lifespan??

2002-12-13 15:39:01
Subject: Re: 3494 libray lifespan??
From: Robert R Price <rprice28 AT CSC DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 13 Dec 2002 15:20:56 -0500
We have been running our 3494 for seven and a half years now.  No sign of
wearing out.  Just replace broken parts when necessary.

Robert R. Price
ADSM/TSM Administrator
Computer Sciences Corporation
Phone: 412-374-3247
Fax: 412-374-6371
rprice28 AT csc DOT com

                      "Prather, Wanda"
                      <Wanda.Prather           To:      ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT
EDU
                      @JHUAPL.EDU>             cc:
                      Sent by: "ADSM:          Subject: 3494 libray lifespan??
                      Dist Stor
                      Manager" <ADSM-L

                      12/13/02 01:16
                      PM
                      Please respond
                      to "ADSM: Dist
                      Stor Manager"

Does anybody have an idea what is reasonable to expect for the lifespan of
3494 library?

My manager wants to know when we should budget for a new one.
But I've never heard of anybody replacing a 3494 because of age - just
upgrading to new drives!