ADSM-L

filespaces not deleted

2002-12-13 11:05:34
Subject: filespaces not deleted
From: "Macmurray, Andrea (CAG-CC)" <Andrea.MacMurray AT CONAGRAFOODS DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 13 Dec 2002 10:04:54 -0600
Hello TSM'ers

With the danger that some of you might think I am not the sharpest tool in
the shed, there is one thing about filespaces I do not understand. Why are
there filespaces which will not expire?? If I rename a node and existing
files go under a new directory structure I would have expected that TSM
looks at the old filespaces as deleted and applies the normal retention
periods as specified in the Mgmtclasses for a deleted file. Is there
somebody out there who would be able to give me short explanation why this
is not happening and how I can identify all my dead filespaces out there. I
am pretty sure I do have tons of them out there.

Thanks
Andrea Mac Murray