ADSM-L

Re: BackupSet: Is there an efficient method to generate backupset s

2002-12-12 13:49:31
Subject: Re: BackupSet: Is there an efficient method to generate backupset s
From: Alex Paschal <AlexPaschal AT FREIGHTLINER DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 12 Dec 2002 10:46:48 -0800
Hi, John.

First, if you don't have copies, you risk losing data if a tape goes bad.

Second, you can define a primary pool to be managed by DRM with:
set drmprimstgpool primarypoolname
Then you can get those ejected for you and put them in a closet, and you
have your copypool to send offsite.  You're much better off regarding
maintaining data integrity.

Third, as you archive into your diskpool, you don't have to go to primary
tape pool first.  You can copy your diskpool to copypool tape with:
backup stgpool diskpool copypool
You can then migrate diskpool to primary tape pool as per the Second point.
Otherwise you'll have those primary versions cluttering up your diskpool.

Alex Paschal
Storage Administrator
Freightliner, LLC
(503) 745-6850 phone/vmail