ADSM-L

Re: RedHat 8 and TSM Client

2002-12-11 15:44:02
Subject: Re: RedHat 8 and TSM Client
From: "Mark D. Rodriguez" <mark AT MDRCONSULT DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 11 Dec 2002 14:40:45 -0600
Jeff Rogers wrote:

Before I go and upgrade my Thinkpad to RedHat Linux 8,  does anybody know
if the TSM client runs on RH 8?

It would be a bummer to wipe my machine out, install a new OS, only to find
out I can't get at my backups anymore.

-JeffR

Jeff,

IMHO, I would avoid RH 8.0!  Every Linux mailing list out there is
flooded with complaints and problems with RH 8.0.  Red Hat is
notoriously bad with there *.0 versions.  I would wait for the RH 8.1
As mentioned already there are some library differences.  Also, the
desktop environment has been hacked beyond recognition.

But hey, if you have to go to RH8.0 then I wish you luck and let us know
how it goes.

--
Regards,
Mark D. Rodriguez

MDR Consulting
The very best in Technical Training and Consulting.
IBM Advanced Business Partner
SAIR Linux and GNU Authorized Center for Education
IBM Certified Advanced Technical Expert, CATE
AIX Support and Performance Tuning, RS6000 SP, TSM/ADSM and Linux
Red Hat Certified Engineer, RHCE