ADSM-L

Management Class and TDP for R/3

2002-12-11 15:09:53
Subject: Management Class and TDP for R/3
From: brian welsh <brianwelsh3 AT HOTMAIL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 11 Dec 2002 21:06:25 +0100
Hello,

Server AIX 5.1, TSM 4.2.2.8. Client AIX 4.3, TSM 4.2.1.25, and TDP for R/3
3.2.0.11 (Oracle)

Question about TDP.

We wanted to use the Management Class on the TSM-server like this:
Versions Data Exists            NOLIMIT
Versions Data Deleted           3
Retain Extra Versions           21
Retain Only Version             30

In the Guide Tivoli Data Protection for R/3 Installation & User's Guide for
Oracle is mentioned to define 4 different Management Classes. I was
wondering how other people have defined there Management Classes. Support
told me to use 4 different Management Classes because it's in the manual so
they mention something with it (maybe for in the future), but what is the
advantage of 4 different Management Classes. We have 8 TDP-clients. The
manual is saying every client his own 4 different Management Classes. It's
not easy to manage that way.

Besides you have to define an archive-copy group. We don't want to use
Versioning in TDP, but use expiration via TSM-client/server. How many days I
have to define the archive-copy group. I think it has to be 21 days. I guess
that when using Versioning in TDP you have to set these parameter on 9999.
Am I right.

Is there somebody who want to share the definitons used for TDP for
Management Classes and Copy Groups?

Thanx,

Brian.

Chatten met je online vrienden via MSN Messenger. http://messenger.msn.nl/