ADSM-L

K-cartridges besides J-cartridges

2002-12-10 17:13:55
Subject: K-cartridges besides J-cartridges
From: brian welsh <brianwelsh3 AT HOTMAIL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 10 Dec 2002 23:12:54 +0100
Hello,

AIX 5.1, TSM 4.2.1.19, IBM 3494 library, 3590E-drives

At the moment we use about 900 J-cartridges in our library. Is it possible
to checkin K-cartridges and use them besides the J-cartridges.

During upgrade from our drives from 3590B to 3590E we changed status of our
volumes to read-only because of different tracks used on tape.

As far as I know is the only difference between J and K the length of the
tape, so I guess there will be no problem.

I'm wondering if someone is using both J and K cartridges and if there
encounter any problems.

Thanx,

Brian.

Chatten met je online vrienden via MSN Messenger. http://messenger.msn.nl/